As bathroom fitters in Ripley we always like to keep up with the latest bathroom trends. However, we’ve come across a lot of weird and wonderful, and even comical bathrooms in our time, so we thought we’d put together a few of our favourite strange bathrooms (and fittings) from the internet…
1. So, this may look like a normal red leather armchair, but it is, in fact, a very comfortable looking toilet!
2. If you’re afraid of heights then this toilet is definitely not for you! The floor is entirely glass above a frightening sheer drop. It actually sits above an elevator shaft.
3. This quirky bathroom is located at the UFO Bar and Restaurant in Bratislava, Slovakia.
4. Dutch designer, Meike Van Schijndel designed these urinals in 2000. They are known as the Kisses Urinals.
5.This modern art bathroom is located in New Zealand.
6. This toilet is located inside an aquarium. You can see the fish swimming around you from all sides.
7. This Steampunk bathroom is located in a private home in San Francisco. It was designed by Andrew Rothblatt and is based on the machinery of Rube Goldberg.
8. Again, located in San Francisco, this Yellow Submarine bathroom is just one of many different themed rooms in this hotel on Potrero Hill.
9. Located in Dolce and Gabbana’s restaurant and bar in Milan, the Gold bathroom is just that; everything is covered in gold.
10. Located in London’s Sketch restaurant, this bathroom is filled with large pods, akin to the ones in Alien. Each pod contains a toilet and is quite large, with beautiful design inside. Amazingly, each pod is soundproof and has colour-changing lights inside, so it’s probably the most relaxing bathroom visit you’ll ever take!
11. We found this little gem. Technically not a bathroom, but a great piece of bathroomware!
12. Finally, who wouldn’t love this design in their bathroom? The Invisible Sink! The taps all flow into a single “sink”, with just small indentations to catch the water, from which it flows into a hidden drain.